Thursday, July 22, 2010

Green Leafy Salad w/ Fruit & Nuts


I'm learning that the hardest part of this deal is not eating the salads - I may actually be on my way to enjoying the green! - but making time to post the pictures and reviews in a timely fashion. I am intent on catching up by the end of the week.

The salad reviewed here was eaten for lunch on Tuesday during a meeting of the Tifton Alzheimer's Memory Walk. My paternal grandmother has been stricken with the disease and is currently in the moderate-to-late stages. My parents are her primary caregivers and are very devoted, visiting her at least once almost every day at her home in a local assisted living facility. I am proud to serve on this fundraising committee seeking to end this horrible affliction.

For lunch during the meeting, I tried Wendy's new Apple Pecan Chicken Salad, suggested by friend Melissa Simms. I found a lot of good flavors in the salad but had trouble getting a sense of the whole because the apple and pecan pieces were so big they pretty much had to be eaten individually. Still, the pecans were very tasty - fresher than I expected - and added a cruncht texture. The appples were good. I did not enjoy the small purple-red berries in the salad (Sorry! I don't know what they are). I am also not crazy about the bleu cheese crumbles because of their bitter taste. I am not a fan of bitter.

Overall, I enjoyed the salad and may try it again. Still, it is not one of my favorites due to a dislike of some ingredients and the fac that some of the pieces are too big to enjoy as part of the salad.

Wendy's Apple Pecan Chicken Salad - Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment