Thursday, July 15, 2010

Green Leafy Salad - Day 2





Today's salad is also of the fast food variety - the Grilled Chicken Ceasar Zalad from Zaxby's. I'm looking forward to taking in the Downtown Tifton Farmer's Market on Saturday to get fresh veggies and begin making salads. Until then, looks like fast food will do.

The Zaxby's Grilled Chicken Ceasar Salad is a good basic salad with grilled chicken. It consists of lettuce, grilled chicken, bacon, melted cheese (Swiss, I think), croutons and a tangy Ceasar dressing.

The chicken is flavorful - kind of a mesquite grilled flavor. The bacon was actually a surprise. It was hiding under the chicken and lettuce at first. At first, I didn't know that I would like bacon with lettuce. I know - bacon bits are standard and have always been a part of my greenless salad. Still, I was surprised that crispy fried bacon provided a nice flavor in a forkful of green, leafy salad.

The melted cheese adds a nice softer texture to a crisp, mostly crunchy salad. The croutongs are actually small cubes of the usual Zaxby's Texas toast, cooked to a greater degree of dryness than the buttered toast that comes with most of their meals. It worked out pretty well.

The Ceasar dressing from Zaxby's was slighty tangy and added another nice layer of flavor to the salad.

At least 363 salad days to go. I would sure love to have some more fresh salad recipes coming into my inbox at CasaGregGoesGreen@bellsouth.net. Should be a fun day at the Tifton Farmer's Market on Saturday!

See you tomorrow with another salad review!

No comments:

Post a Comment