Friday, July 16, 2010

Green Leafy Leftovers



Today was leftover Grilled Chicken Ceasar Salad from Zaxby's. Those Zaxby's salads are big! I must say that I'm looking forward to getting to the Downtown Tifton Farmer's Market tomorrow for some fresh veggies. Please send your recipes on in to CasaGregGoesGreen@bellsouth.net so I know what to buy.

I gave a full review of the Zaxby's ceasar in yesterday's post, but I can add a few observations about the leftovers. No surprises here, probably. Primarily, everything was just not as crispy. This fact was especially apparent in the Texas toast bread pieces, which had the texture of croutons yesterday byt were more like soggy toast today. The lettuce was likewise less crispy. The grilled chicken, now cold, had lost its great grilled flavor. To Zaxby's credit, my wife (who has always regularly eaten salads) says that it's rare to even have chicken left on a salad during the second day.

Tomorrow to the farmer's market! Check back Saturday night for a report on my first venture into a fresh, homemade salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment