Saturday, August 7, 2010

Zaxby's Zensation, Takes 1 & 2




Wow, have I fallen behind on the blog posting! But I have been eating the salads and taking mental notes on each one. The salad discussed here is the Zensation from Zaxby's, an oriental-themed salad offering.

I loved this salad!

The mixed greens and red cabbage made for a nice blend of flavors. The chicken fingers had a bit of a sweet glaze over them that gave them a nice new taste. The carrots and wontons gave a nice snap to the salad, and the citrus vinaigrette was a nice complement to the sweet taste of the chicken.

But the crown of this salad - and I can't believe I'm writing this - was the Asian cole slaw. I hate cole slaw! This vinegary mix of shredded veggies really hit the spot!

Oh, and the vegetable egg roll was a nice touch as well.

Unfortunately, this salad did not hold up for leftovers on Friday. The cold sesame chicken was too rubbery and not as tasty. Worse, the wonderful Asian cole slaw had soured, with the vinegar taste overwhelming all of the vegetables. After a few bites, these leftovers went into the trash.

Still, I look forward to trying this salad again fresh some time!

Zaxby's Zensation: A+

Zaxby's Zensation as leftovers: D-

No comments:

Post a Comment